Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alemania

I really feel the Spanish starting to click.  They [the experts] say that it takes a month before one starts to benefit from immersion to the point of speaking fluently.  It’s a shame that after three weeks, my time is almost up.  Today we spent time reviewing for “El Examen”.  That’s right, the Big Test is tomorrow and I don’t think anyone is looking forward to that.  I have actually made it a point to get in bed before midnight tonight, so that my mind can give its best performance tomorrow morning!  Preparation/review can pretty much sum up today, except for during conversation class; two new German girls joined our class, making that three Germans and an American. When the topic of “America” was suggested by Gabriel, the two girls looked at eachother and rolled their eyes in a “we would have to talk about America” manner.  With a quick recovery, I suggested that, since the American was outnumbered three-to-one, it might be better to discuss Germany, Alemania, Deutschland – or whatever you want to call it.  Nice save, Morgan.  I think the girls appreciated this very much and we talked about the common misconceptions of Germans.  For example: they don’t eat sauerkraut.  I know, I was devastated. We talked about their favorite cities and how the North is completely different than the South.  We talked about their nice cars and their brands of beer (I wasn’t very knowledgeable in this topic) and how they fabricate their some fifty common brands of yogurt.  Now who knew Germans liked yogurt so much! 

After school my mommy and I made pizza and did some shopping – and it was real shopping this time, not just window-browsing.  Shopping was followed by dinner, which was followed by some brief studying that probably shouldn’t have been so brief.  But as for now I need to get some sleep.  Buenas Noches.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment