Wednesday, July 1, 2009

 

Muchos Descuentos! 

Well today was The Test.  I destroyed it, I think, so no worries there.  The only stumbling block was when the “Hablar” portion of the test came up, when Jordi decided that he wanted to ask me about genealogical studies. Well that’s odd.  I could have sworn that he was going to ask me what I did this past weekend.  Este fin de semana, fui a la playa… I had my rehearsed answers ready in my head.  But wait – going to the beach wasn’t going to suffice.  This was a little discouraging considering that I don’t know how to say anything about genealogy in Spanish, but nevertheless, I managed to pass with flying colors in the end.

 

Today was the day that all of the girls (and some guys), locals or tourists, have been looking forward too.  In between test sections today, Carlonine, Farrah, Clara, and I took every chance we got to exchange locations of our favorite stores; today was the beginning of Sale Week.  Yes, Sale Week, when you can get an 85-Euro dress for 9 Euros (precisely what I did today), and when there are lines of fifty people or more waiting outside Gucci, Chanel, Valentino, and various other designer brand stores that practically “give their merchandise away”.  Obviously, we could hardly wait to get out of school.  Today proved very productive for me personally.  Not only did I pass The Test, but I also got €210 worth of close for €49!  I love Sale Week! And all we get in the States is Tax-Free Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment