Sunday, July 5, 2009

La Playa – La Última Vez 

We slept in and it was wonderful.  Today was the perfect day of relaxation to remember the trip by.  We packed in the morning to save a lot of hassle and chaos, and made our way to Nova Icaria for one last fun yet relaxing day at the beach.  While there, I made some conclusions:  1) I think the majority of the beach’s nudists are over sixty. 2) There is no reason whatsoever for a woman over sixty to take off her top unless she is showering in the privacy of her bathroom. And 3) Speedos will never be cool.  Especially not on old men with their old topless wives.  I guess it’s just a fact of life that I’ll never fully understand.

 

When we got home we washed the sand off and got ready for dinner – but not before we got caught up in the game.  Watching Federer and Roddick duke it out in the Wimbledon Men’s Final was probably the single most intense workout I’ve done this month.  We were very lucky not to have received a complaint about the noise, because by the time the match’s final set went into its twenty-ninth game (a set can be over in six and usually never exceeds thirteen at maximum), we were screaming and jumping and kicking the table when it took a turn for the worse and Federer finally won.  There went Sampras’ title.  But Federer is hard to dislike, so we were able to enjoy one last dish of Paella and gelato without a second thought of the game, and I don’t think I will lose much sleep tonight.  Speaking of sleep, I need to get some of that.  Our taxi arrives at 7:30 AM sharp to pick us up, and how awful would that be to miss our flight home because we overslept?  I will write one last entry when I get home; something interesting might happen on the plane.

 

Thanks to all who took time out of their busy lives to read my blog – I hope you learned a little about Spain in the process.  Me voy a dormir - ¡Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Really loved your blog, especially your personal ruminations on what odd creatures we humans are.

    I also second your thoughts about nudism/speedos. The human body looks better with clothes on, even if it's only two small strips of cloth; that's why we pay so much for bikinis!

    -Ms. Henson

    ReplyDelete